Tuesday, August 11, 2009

School has Started!!! Gym notes 8-11-2009

Wow! School has started and I feel swamped. I will try to be more consistent about posting weekly. I have had a wonderful time working with each of the girls and I am very excited about the season.
1. The big news is that tomorrow, Wednesday, we will be taking pictures for the Fall Sports Program. I will give everyone either a leo or warm up to wear. Make sure that gymnasts bring a leotard to work out in.
2. Team pictures will be Thursday, September 3. They will start at 4:00. After pictures we will have practice.
3. PLEASE turn in your athletic forms ASAP. No athletic forms means no practice. Once the athletic office give me the list, if a gymnast's name is not on it, I cannot and I will not allow her to workout.
4. The gymnastics parent meeting is scheduled for August 24 from 6:00- 6:45. Please meet in the gymnastics gym and we will move into the team room.
5. I am trying to get the girls to pick floor music. We have lots of music that the program has bought or has been donated in the past for the girls to pick from. I also have demo music from Floor Express. I like Floor Express (and other companies as well) because the music is cut beautifully into counts of 8, and has good beginnings and endings, and meets time requirements. If a gymnast wants music from Floor Express, it needs to be purchased by her. It is possible to cut music for floor. Music needs to be between 1:10 and 1:27 and on a CD. I do not cut music.
Floor music needs to be picked by the end of this week.
6. If there are any questions, comments or concerns, please contact me. I have no computer in my classroom as of today, so I will check e-mail when I can. Text messages work great on my phone and I do check my voice mail for both school and my cell phone at the end of each school day around 3:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment